This morning left me with a greater appreciation for this promise:
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)
We all want to be loved.
Sometimes when we want to feel loved we turn to others to fulfill that need. It's wonderful to feel the beautiful love from parents, siblings, children, friends, and even animals.
As much as love flows to and from our relations, only in Christ is there pure love that is everlasting and "faileth not."
Christ gave us the pattern.
He loved us first - unconditionally. He loved his father and stayed true to His purpose. In so doing, He stood in his unlimited power at all times in all places and could say with a promise:
Come follow me.
That promise is peace that surpasses understanding.
We can receive it here and now, yet it is not as the world gives.
With it, there is no fear. With it, there is only love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment