
In the traditions of our South African ancestors, the eland is a large animal that has mystical and spiritual connections. Among the bushmen, it is perhaps, their favorite animal. Eland are frequently depicted in rock art. In several languages, the word for eland and dance are the same. Shamans often use dance as their means of drawing power from the unseen worlds.
Two nights ago, a small group of friends and I danced high on the mountain top. It was a special dance. I hoped and prayed that healing and connections be possible especially among our loved ones who might feel estranged, hurt, or alone.
The night was cool and a wind blew over us from the east. We could turn into it and pretend to fly like eagles! The fire crackled and kept us warm.
Music blared from the speakers and the rhythms got us us caught up in its vibrations. At one point I danced with our youngest dancer (L.C.,age 5) on my back as some do in the bushmen tradition.
We all had a wonderful time and experiences that cannot be contained by mere words.
Traditionally, after a dance when one falls into sleep, dreams may occur. I remember how vivid my dreams were after I danced with the bushmen. One of the grandmothers came to me and it was so real I woke up in a fright -- yet I was still in the dream!
It was a beautiful morning and when L.C. said she had a dream of three white unicorns I was filled with great joy! I shared her dream with the group and another woman said she had seen a unicorn during the dance.
Unicorns have a special meaning much like that of the eland. Unicorns are mentioned in the bible and traditions say that to touch the horn of a white unicorn is a poweful healing. They are rare and can only be captured and tamed through the purity of a virgin maiden.
The collective term for a group of unicorns is a "blessing" of unicorns. The white unicorn is also an archtype of Christ or Savior who was born of a virign.
The Big God gave us the unicorn dance that night and the realization of the "blessing" came through the purity of a small child by way of a dream.

1 comment:
And the miracles continue~~~~~~~~~~
(((((((((((((Troy)))))))))))))
Post a Comment